It all started in 1955. An auditorium/gym building was built which was intended to serve as a temporary church and school. Four Sisters of St. Francis of Penance and Christian Charity came from Stella Niagara, New York to begin Our Lady of the Rosary Catholic School in September of 1955. By the spring of 1956, the new school building was completed. In 1963, an additional wing was added to the school to allow more adequate classroom space. Finally, in 1968 a decision was made to erect a library for the school.